Where can I find more information about specific local resources?
To ask about Illinois’s response to COVID-19:
- Call 1-800-889-3931 or email at [email protected].
IL Dept of Public Health:
- Their website shares updated information: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus
Cook County COVID-19 information hotline:
- To subscribe to text message alerts from the county’s public health office, text ‘AlertCook’ to 888-777 and to opt-in and receive the latest COVID-19 information. The hotline number is (708) 633-3319 and email address: [email protected] will be staffed between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Resources and information for the City of Chicago:
- Text covid19 to 78015 to receive updates and information in English from the City of Chicago
- Individual Wards sometimes offer local resources to residents
- Chicago Public Schools: (773) 553-5437
- Chicago Department of Public Health: (312) 746-4835
- ICIRR Immigrant Family Services: (855) 435-7693
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: (312) 738-5358
- Rape Crisis Hotline: (888) 293-2080
Health & Wellness resources
- If you feel you would like to talk to a mental health professional about your current experiences, United HealthCare is offering a free, 24/7 helpline at (866) 342-6892 to anyone.
- Additionally, as always, Brightstar’s TURN helpline operates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am – 6pm at (833) 887-6123.
- Illinois Medicaid is available to low-income adults between 19-64 years old.
- If you are interested in meditation, Balance App is offering a free, one-year subscription. E-mail [email protected]
If you or someone you know is pregnant or breastfeeding, please see here for the CDC’s recommendations.