Support the housekeeping workers from Midtown Athletic Club!
After filing complaints for workplace violations with the Chicago Office of Labor Standards, OSHA, and the National Labor Relations Board, Midtown housekeeping workers received notice that they will be laid off on May 1 (International Workers Day!) and replaced with an outside cleaning company. The company then retaliated further by firing the workers immediately effective April 13th. Learn more and take action here.
As housekeeping workers at Midtown Athletic Club, we work hard every day to make sure Club members have a safe, clean environment to stay fit and healthy.
However, Midtown has repeatedly violated our rights as workers, including:
- Violating the Chicago Earned Sick Leave and Fair Workweek ordinances
- Putting workers health at risk from unsafe chemicals and lack of PPE
- Firing a worker who spoke up
We filed legal complaints to address these issues.
Now Midtown has retaliated by firing all housekeeping staff and bringing in a third party contractor to replace us.
Help save our jobs!
1. Sign and share the workers' petition here.
2. Stop at the Midtown Chicago front desk to leave a message for CEO Steve Schwartz and President Jon Brady asking them to reinstate all hired housekeepers.
3. Call Midtown at 773.796.6523 and tell them that the lives of housekeepers matter to you and request they reinstate all fired housekeeping workers.